The long time cricket umpire “Random” Rudi Koertzen has called stumps on his umpiring career. No more batsmen looking up in disbelief at yet another Rudi gaffe, and straining their necks from shaking it when Random Rudi raises the finger of (extremely slow and painful) death. Batsmen all over the world could get together and rejoice once and for all that Steve Bucknor is no longer an umpire and his best buddy from the farce of a world cup final in 2007, Rudi Koertzen is also done. If only they could figure out a way to get the “show pony” Billy Bowden and Daryl “I’m wearing swimming goggles” Harper out as well, the real umpiring can begin.
Look under the couch
- ICC Code of Conduct Breaches and Penalties List
- Mindbending Reality of President-Elect Trump
- Follow up #4 on “Ed Smith Pulls a Melania Trump”: Cricinfo Statement & Smith’s Silence
- Follow up #3 on “Ed Smith Pulls a Melania Trump”: ESPNcricinfo’s Double Standard
- Follow up #2 on “Ed Smith pulls a Melania Trump”
TagsAshes Australia Bangladesh Batting BCCI Bowling Captaincy Coaching Commentary Controversy Couch Talk Cricinfo DRS ECB England Fast Bowling Harbhajan Singh ICC India India v England 2011 IPL Jarrod Kimber Journalism Kevin Pietersen Michael Clarke Mid Day MS Dhoni New Zealand Pakistan Podcast Rahul Dravid R Ashwin Ricky Ponting Sachin Tendulkar Shane Warne South Africa Spot Fixing Sri Lanka T20 Test Cricket USA Virat Kohli VVS Laxman West Indies World Trip